The Haberstrohs

The Haberstrohs
Doug & Laura

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What does Krakow, a Ball, and the Flu Shot have in common?


October so far.  At the start of the month we visited Krakow, Poland.  Both beautiful and eye opening.  The city market square has been labeled the largest in Europe and was truly wonderful.
Rynek (Main Market Square) Krakow

From Krakow we were also able to visit two of the concentration camps, Auschwitz and AuschwitzII-Birkenau.  A memory never to be forgotten.

Work Makes You Free (Entry into Auschwitz)

I don't have much else to say about what we saw or felt walking through these two camps.  In my own opinion, it's better left to each individual to explain in their own way.  Although, I do have to say I was glad to be able to have the opportunity to experience it and I'll leave it at that.

Now onto brighter moments.  Just last weekend we attended the 2010 Tri-Border U.S. Air Force Ball.  This was a special occasion for two reasons. First, it was our first Air Force Ball together and as a bonus we got to experience it inside a castle.  It was held at Castle Hoensbroek located in the Netherlands.  We had visited the castle about two months ago, which was my first European castle to visit. We had a blast and I was pleased to see the guest speaker for the night was Major General Jack B. Eddington, whom I had the pleasure to know before when he was the Wing Commander at Tyndall during a prior assignment I had there. 

Well that's been our October so far, oh, almost forgot about the Flu Shot.  Yes, we both received our Flu Shots, yeah!  Laura had to get permission to receive hers, but Doc K. said it was all good.  A quick update on Dathan since our last visit, he is 2 lbs and 14 inches and both Mother and Little Man are doing just fine.


1 comment:

  1. You need to sneak us some pics of the prego belly! I can't imagine Laura's little frame carrying a little soccer ball in it:)! Thanks for updating!

    ReplyDelete